1. Wumi volunteers her time with Look Good Feel Better, as a skincare specialist and beauty professional. Look Good Feel Better was founded in 1994 to help cancer patients deal with the devastating side effects cancer treatment can have on a person’s appearance. Look Good Feel Better provides free skincare and make-up workshops to help women and teenagers look good so they can feel better. Many of the side effects of cancer treatment are highly distressing as they can dramatically change a woman’s appearance and body image. Wumi has supported this charity with her skills since October 2014.
2. Wumi is the business ambassador for Chosen Women Outreach, supporting the charity to launch Inspiring Women in Business, an event which has now run for 4 years. The charity’s mission is to empower women. The business event took off in 2013 as a key program of Chosen Women Outreach. The 2016 Inspiring Women in Business Seminar was held on 19th November themed: Building a purpose driven business.
3. In October 2016, Wumi stepped up to organise a community fashion show for her borough of Barking and Dagenham, extending her love of beauty into fashion. Organised by her company, The Beauty Realm in collaboration with Barking and Dagenham Council, this was a celebration of the richness of the African and Caribbean people and their culture through fashion and beauty.
4. In addition to the above, Wumi supports Creative Barking and Dagenham as a cultural connector to make decisions about Barking and Dagenham’s creativity program. A cultural connector since 2015, Wumi has sat on the steering committee for the annual DAGFEST, a festival of circus, music, dance and street theatre which takes place in Dagenham Village. She participated in the commission process for the artists who performed at the festival.
5. Christmas Appeal 2016: Adopt a Grandparent For Christmas. Wumi gave 12 Mary Kay gift sets to elderly people in a fellowship before Christmas.
6. No Beauty in Poverty Campaign 2015: Poverty strips children (and adults too) of their dignity, beauty, potential, belief, self-confidence, aspiration and achievement.
No Beauty In Poverty Activities in 2015
- 5K walk on 1st November 2015 to raise funds for the Chosen Women Outreach's Sponsor a Child Project.
- Donated Five 'Bags of Joy' to Women of Substance to support women in need, during the festive season.
- Donated Five 'Bags of Joy' to Chosen Women Outreach as part of my Christmas campaign to support a charity which helps the needy.